Sunday, May 28, 2017

Design Wall Monday 5/29/17

It seems like I have worked on several different quilting projects over the past week, but I don't have a lot to show for all that time. I already shared the strippy baby quilt that was finished earlier in the week (see it HERE.) I might have started a new quilt yesterday, but haven't figured out enough of a plan to have anything to show on that.

The blocks up on the design wall are my Glorious Hexagons with the navy print background triangles that are being added. I still have about 45 more hexagon blocks that need the triangles stitched on before I play with the placement and balancing the colors.



I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt, and Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag. Check out all of them for tons of amazing quilting inspiration! 

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. I love your hexagons! The navy sets them off very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, your hexagons ARE glorious! Beautiful print fabrics, and it's fascinating what happens when you cut them up and stitch them back together this way. I agree that the navy is a great choice for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie,
    LOL - you MIGHT have started on a new quilt, huh?! I wonder what part is the might part . . . picking out the fabric, the pattern, actually cutting, what? Just so I'm clear on when I MIGHT have started a new quilt. I don't want to say I have when it may still be in the might arena. I love the navy background on the hexies - it really makes them shine. ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. The navy really shows off those blocks! Happy stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really coming along! Looking forward to seeing your progress next week. Beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely hexagons! That navy fabric is great with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a WOW quilt. Really jazzy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...