Monday, May 1, 2017

Design Wall Monday 5/1/17

My design wall continues to be filled with the watercolor blocks that I have been making since early April as part of the Rainbow Scrap ChallengeThe pattern that I am making is "Tranquil Treasures" by Evelyn Sloppy from her book Strips and Strings - 16 Sparkling Quilts

Unfortunately, I can't get all the blocks in one photo because I am shooting through a doorway. I think this will give you a good enough idea of the whole thing. The dark areas continue out a little further all the way around. 



I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt, and Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag. Check out all of them for tons of amazing quilting inspiration! 

Julie in GA

12 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    This is just amazing! WOWEE! ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good progress! It's tough to get full pictures of our quilts especially as they grow bigger and bigger. This pic shows off the lights really well and then leads us into the medium and darks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's an amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt--love how this is progressing..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you stuck with this project. The dark block border really makes the center glow.
    Marlene
    marlene@coveredinstitches.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a satisfying quilt. I find looking at it so soothing and almost dreamlike.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's awesome, Julie! Congratulations for sticking to it!!!! (lynnstck[at]yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! Love all this scrappy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shading from light to dark is so dramatic. Looks like you are making really good progress on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. FYI - Since Judy Laquidara is no longer doing "Design Wall Mondays", I talked to her and got permission to continue Design Wall Mondays at my blog: http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

    I hope to see your posts on future Mondays, Judy Hansen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...