Sunday, February 5, 2017

February 2017 Goals and OMG

There have been times in the past when I would post a list of quilting goals on my blog at the beginning of each month. I'm thinking it is time to get back in that habit. It seems to help keep me focused and stop me from getting distracted by too many new projects and ideas.

I am participating in the UFO Challenge over at Patchwork Times for the first time this year. The number that Judy pulled for February is #9. My two projects for February are to make a border stripe tablerunner as a future housewarming gift.

My other #9 project for Judy's challenge (I submitted two lists of UFOs) is to quilt and bind this little stack and whack quilt top that I made back in 1999. I still love that pinwheel fabric. This quilt top measures about 40" x 48".


Stack & Whack Spinners
40" x 48"



My One Monthly Goal for February is to make another Star Cluster baby quilt. This one will use music-themed fabrics because both parents are musicians. My goal is to at least get the top pieced by the end of this short month.



Our February color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is blue green (teal/turquoise/aqua.) I am planning to make more Scrappy Trips blocks, make some improv blocks from little bits and scraps, and start joining together the blocks of the Ring Cycles quilt that I started last year.

For the Meadow Mystery quilt--make extra blocks to make the quilt bigger

If there is any time left at the end of the month, I might start one new project, Alycia's latest Mystery Quilts for Military (MQ4M) #A5. 

That's the plan for the month ahead. I will report back at the beginning of March with a progress report and a new set of goal for the next month. I am joining the One Monthly Goal link-ups for February at Elm Street Quilts.

Julie in GA


2 comments:

  1. Fun fabric. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stack and wack quilt! The fabric is so fun and bright. Sounds like you've got a good plan for February. Looking forward to seeing how you make the Midnight Mystery quilt bigger. I'm still working on my blocks for that one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...