Sunday, January 1, 2017

Wrapping Up 2016 and Looking Ahead to 2017

Thank goodness that these stash reports start back at zero at the beginning of each year! It feels so good to start the year off with a clean slate. My stash goals generally stay the same from one year to the next: 1. Use at least 100 yards of fabric, 2. Use more fabric than I add to the stash. I nearly reached the first goal for 2016, using 98.875 yards for the year, just over a yard shy of the 100 yards total used. Unfortunately, I came nowhere close to breaking even on usage vs. additions for 2016, ending with a net total of over 70 yards added to the stash.


2016 STASH TOTALS: 
     Used last week:                   0.0 yards     
Used year to date:          98.875 yards
Stashed last week:                0.0 yards
 Stashed year to date:       169.25 yards 
 Net year to date:  70.375 yards stashed

Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.

I was more successful on Kate's 15 Minute Challenge, tracking the number of days each week that we spend at least 15 minutes quilting. I ended the year with 333 days of quilting time, almost 91%. Many days I don't get much more than 15 minutes, but I'm happy with whatever time I can manage for quilting.

15 Minute Challenge:  
12/25 - 12/31                 7 of 7 days
2016 Total               333 of 366 days



My other main quilting goal for 2016 was to finish more projects than I started, whether that meant finishing a current WIP or a UFO that hadn't been touched in years. There were 15 new projects started last year (more than I realized!), and of those 15, 5 got completely finished, 3 are now finished tops, 3 are still actively in the works, and the other 4 have stalled out for various reasons. I also turned 4 UFOs into quilt tops and finished the binding on one other quilt. 

In an effort to finish off some of my UFOs, I've decided to join Judy Laquidara's UFO Challenge at Patchwork Times. I had so many UFOs that I have entered two lists with 12 projects on each list. You can see list #1 HERE and list #2 HERE. The random number chosen for this month is #3. Here are my projects for January:


Crossroads--finish quilting, bind & label

Ring Around the Stars--add borders
My quilting goals for 2017 are basically the same as last year, with even more emphasis on finishing up some of the old UFOs:

1. Stashbusting--use at least 100 yards, use/give away more than I buy
2Finish more projects than I begin
3. Finish at least 5 UFOs/WIPs
4. Make at least 4 QOV/donation projects  
5. Be more consistent about taking photos of finished quilts and writing blog posts about them (there are a few that haven't shown up on the blog.)


Happy New Year and Happy Quilting!

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a great plan for the year ahead - your number of days of quilting is just fantastic! Hope that you have great success in your quilting this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well on your 2016 goals, even if the stash numbers went up a bit. You used a lot, so it's stash enhancement not just stash addition. You did so well on finding time to stitch. I'm hoping to do better on that this year. Maybe I can end the year with a B. Congrats on your A in that area. Any tips on how you managed to find the 15 minutes most days? I could use a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals - we share three of them. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...