This week my design wall contains the beginnings of a second "Star Cluster" baby quilt. The first baby quilt just needs the binding finished, and I need to get that done before a baby shower on Saturday. I wrote about that quilt in THIS POST, and I will share photos when it is finished.
The first quilt was made in pink and grey; the requested colors for this one were teal and grey. Both use variations of Judy Martin's block pattern Star Cluster, which inspired Sarah Craig's Interlocking Stars quilt as you can see below.
Instead of scrappy squares for the centers of the stars like Sarah used, I decided to go with framed squares of different sizes. Once I got the stars up on the wall and took some photos, I felt like the frame around the fish fabric in the top left star is too dark. Other than that, I like how this is turning out. I'm shooting for getting this finished in time for a baby shower on Feb. 4th--wish me luck!