Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Summer Solstice


I'm a little late to the party, but I couldn't resist joining in on the Summer Solstice quilt-along over at Happy Quilting, hosted by Melissa Corry. This is Melissa's four-block version of her design, and she has instructions for the pattern in several block sizes and different numbers of blocks. You can find the introductory post HERE



I kept seeing other quilter's posts about their fabric choices, and I was intrigued by Melissa's block design, but it took me awhile to figure out what colors to use. Then I received a bag of beautiful batik scraps, and the decision was made! I am using a grey solid for the background to go with the lovely greens and blues.


I haven't done all of my cutting yet, but I did complete the current step, making Flying Geese units. Here they are, and I am anxiously waiting to see what come next!


I am linking up with the Summer Solstice QAL over at Happy Quilting. There are many flocks of flying geese in beautiful color combinations to see there!


Julie in GA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...