Sunday, July 10, 2016

Design Wall Monday 7/11/16

I spent a large portion of the weekend working on an old UFO project, the Shooting Stars blocks that I started in a class in 2010. I have also heard this pattern called "A Wink and a Smile," but Shooting Stars is the name I first learned, and that is what I continue to call it.

I made four of these blocks over the weekend, which gives me enough for a decent-sized throw quilt. The blocks finish at 14". I have been auditioning pink and brown fabrics for the frames that make the blocks twist and turn back and forth.


 

I got a few of the framing fabrics cut, but I still need to cut most of the pieces and stitch them to the blocks. There was one I couldn't resist stitching up right away though--the flamingo fabric. I love the flamingos surrounding the star!




I am sharing with Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt, Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag and Scraptastic Tuesday at Mrs. Sew and Sow.



Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. Gosh that's a really effective block - and I love the colour combination you are using :-) Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flamigos are too cute! Love your blocks and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever its name, that's a really interesting block and one that I haven't seen before. Are they traditional piecing or paper pieced?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah. I would have done the same thing. Cute calls out . . . sew me first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an unusual block. I can figure out how the center is put together but the outside ring looks tricky. The tipped setting adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made good progress last weekend. Love the flamingos! A very fun block.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...