Sunday, April 17, 2016

Stash Report Sunday 4/17/16

After three weeks of working crazy, long hours, there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel. I was thrilled to be able to enjoy a three-day weekend off, which has been largely filled with quilting time. I spent so much time cutting, stitching and pressing yesterday that I ended up rather stiff and sore by evening. I will have to be more careful about pacing myself today!



My last stash report was two weeks ago. All of my usage has been pinwheel blocks from 30's fabrics for a baby quilt. I have figured out my setting for them, and I probably have enough pinwheels to make more than one baby quilt. The photo shows a small selection of blocks. I hope to make the last few blocks today and start joining them together. Watch for my design wall post tomorrow to see the layout possibilities.

STASH TOTALS: 
Used this week:            2.625 yards     
Used year to date:          23.0 yards

Stashed this week:           0.0 yards
Stashed year to date:    19.25 yards 

 Net year to date:   3.75 yards used


I am joining Kate at Life in Pieces in tracking the number of days each week that I spend at least 15 minutes quilting. The more days  I quilt, the more quilts I can get done and the more fabric used. I've had very few large chunks of time available, but I still manage to get in at least 15 minutes most days.

15 Minute Challenge:  
April 3 - 16                12 of 14 days
April total                  14 of 16 days
Year to date             101 of 107 days


350 Block Challenge at Prairie Moon Quilts
Block total for April:      86 


Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.  I am also linking up with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework.

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Wow - great numbers all around. I'm so impressed you've made 86 blocks already this month. Those are going to be sweet baby quilts. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stash numbers. I love pinwheel blocks for baby quilts. I will try to check out your layouts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pinwheel blocks look great. I don't count my stash as used until the item is actually finished so its been rather frustrating for me of late... I have several big things on the go and a couple of tops done but haven't yet got them completely finished. My stats are a bit poor this year. But... its all going to reverse soon... ish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pinwheel blocks. They are always so happy looking. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to get in a weekend of stitching. Your stash numbers look great and so does your sewing time numbers. Hope this weekend is as productive.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...