|Garden Hexagons||Carnival Hexagons|
The fabric at the right side of the next photo is going to be one of the featured prints in my Glorious Hexagons quilt. I found it in my stash, probably purchased back in the days when I used to do lots of Stack & Whack quilts. The date on the selvage says 1998! I felt the need to add at least one more large-scale print for my blocks and purchased the floral print at the top left. This floral is not at all the type of print I usually buy, but I hope it will work well for the fussy-cutting in this quilt. The yellow print at the bottom is a Kaffe Fassett fabric that I just couldn't leave behind.
I did have some usage this week too--1.375 yards for the borders on Allietare, the Bonnie Hunter 2015 mystery quilt. You can see photos of my finished top in yesterday's post.
Used this week: 1.375 yards
Used year to date: 12.25 yards
Stashed this week: 2.75 yards
Stashed year to date: 10.25 yards
Net year to date: 2.0 yards used
I am joining Kate at Life in Pieces in tracking the number of days each week that I spend at least 15 minutes quilting. The more days I quilt, the more quilts I can get done and the more fabric used. I ended up with a perfect record for January, 31 for 31 days. Unfortunately, I have already missed one day this month.
15 Minute Challenge:
February 1 - 6 5 for 6 days
January total 5 for 6 days
350 Block Challenge at Prairie Moon Quilts:
This week's block total: 27
Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.
Julie in GA