Tuesday, February 2, 2016

One Monthly Goal--February 2016



Heidi at Red Letter Quilts is hosting OMG (One Monthly Goal). The idea is that each participant sets a quilt-related goal and posts it on their blog or on Flickr at the beginning of the month. Once the goal is achieved, they link up another post before the end of the month sharing their accomplishment. Everyone who meets their goal and posts for both linkups is eligible for prizes!

Sometimes that public declaration of a goal is just the motivation I need to keep me focused on a project rather than flitting around to try out new ideas. I was successful on my January goal, so let's see how it goes this month.

My February goal seems like it should be easy, but it has been hanging around and nagging at me for several months with very little progress being made. This is the center of my "Tell It to the Stars" quilt, which was a BOM mystery by Judy Laquidara in 2014.


I kept up with making the blocks all year (2 per month), but then got totally bogged down on the borders. All that's left is finishing the pieced border, then adding two more plain borders. Like I said, it seems easy, but just hasn't gotten finished. I've worked on it occasionally over the past year, but never completed the quilt. Now's the time to get 'er done!!



I'm heading over to the February link-up for OMG at Red Letter Quilts to see what everyone else hopes to get done this month!

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. That is a pretty quilt. I look forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. It will be a great finish at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's even more beautiful in closeup and will be gorgeous when you get it all finished Julie! The borders are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are right in that a public declaration of a goal helps to finish a quilt because I sure want to finish mine too. Good luck with your goal. This quilt is lovely and with the pieced border is just GORGeous. I prefer the corner of the second picture over the last picture. Just saying. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really thought you had finished this one for some reason. I've always loved the colors in your version. Good luck moving it to the finished pile!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...