Monday, January 4, 2016

Halfway There with Allietare

Actually, I'm not truly halfway there (I just liked the rhyme), but I have made half of my blocks for Bonnie Hunter's 2015 mystery Allietare. Bonnie shared the final reveal of her beautiful quilt on New Year's Eve, and I spent some time over the weekend working on my blocks.



My version is being made as a Quilt of Valor. Where I used light and dark blues, Bonnie had grey and black. Otherwise the colors are similar. My version will end up with 20 of the star blocks, set 4 x 5, and 12 of the alternate blocks. I haven't starting making the pieced setting triangles yet.

I will be sharing with the following linky parties.:

Allietare Mystery Link-Up at Quiltville
Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Julie in GA

14 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your version Julie...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colors. It looks wonderful. Wish I had joined in the fun but will look at doing it sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lucky soldier will be getting that as a QOV! Looks great Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been watching the mystery from the sidelines. I really like the way the design works out! And your color choices sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your color palette worked beautifully in this pattern. It's going to be a fun QOV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Julie, I love your variety of fabrics. Love your green goodies, such yummy greens. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good! Halfway, even almost, is a great achievement. Give yourself a hug!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...