I was running low on neutral scraps for the mystery, so I had a little scavenger hunt through my sewing room. My goal was to find more fabrics with white backgrounds and red or blue patterns on them. In some cases I stretched it to bright pink or turquoise.
I discovered that I had two wonderful sources of additional neutrals for this project. The first was a bin of leftover fabrics from the collection of scraps my mother had saved through the years. My sister and I made scrappy quilts from this collection over the summer (see mine HERE.) The scale of these prints might be a little too overwhelming, but I can't resist including them in my quilt.
The other group of fabrics that have been added to my neutrals for Allietare are from a box of old shirts that have been deconstructed. This seems especially appropriate for a Bonnie mystery because she is so fond of using shirt scraps.
I will be sharing with the following linky parties.:
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Julie in GA