Monday, August 17, 2015

Design Wall Monday 8/17/15

Why is it that some quilts come together so easily, and others seem to fight you every step of the way? My latest UFO project has been one of the latter, driving me a little bit crazy while I try to figure out how to finish it.

This project started a week ago when I pulled out a box of nine-patch blocks left from three quilts I made 12-15 years ago. I would include a photo of one of those original quilts, but I don't have any digital photos of them, and our scanner died over the weekend. You can get an idea of the layout from the last photo in THIS POST

My goal with these blocks was to use up as many of the blocks as possible, not make too many more nine-patches, and get the quilt to a big enough size for a Quilt of Valor. It took all of last week and many hours on EQ7 playing with design ideas before I settled on this plan. I still need to make more of the last two rounds of blocks, but then I can start joining it all together.




I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times and to Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt. Check them both out for lots of amazing quilting inspiration!

Julie in GA

9 comments:

  1. I really like all the shade/color shifting that you've got going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all of the above comments. The color movement is great. What fun to make this from leftover blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use leftover blocks. Start a new project! And, wonderful to go such a worthy cause. TERRIFIC>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your setting makes it look like a Blooming 9-Patch. Keep pluggin'. It's looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks good! I love the colors from a distance. Kat @ katandcatquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks good! I love the colors from a distance. Kat @ katandcatquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good. You've got another winner up on the design wall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...