Sunday, June 14, 2015

Stash Report Sunday 6/14/15

A week ago, my stash usage was ahead of additions for the year by over 20 yards. Today it is ahead by a mere 1/4 yard. My STASH took a CRASH!

Oh, but it was such fun! Is there anything better than buying new fabric? I don't think so. And especially when it is on sale--that's the best! (Except maybe free fabric!)

Unfortunately, most of my purchases came about because of the unhappy news that one of my favorite quilt shops may be closing. One of the co-owners is moving away. It is possible that someone else may buy the business, but the current shop is still going ahead with their liquidation sale, and I took full advantage of it. I got a few pieces of yardage and a ton of fat quarters.


After a visit to the East Cobb Quilters' Guild show on Saturday, we continued north to the lovely town of Dahlonega, where my sweet husband (the enabler) insisted on visiting both of the quilt shops in town. Here's what came home with me from there.


As you can see, the main themes were light neutrals, black and white, red and white, some music prints, and a few assorted other pieces.

The only fabric used this week was 1/2 yard for some turquoise bowtie blocks. It was just enough to keep my total in the black.

TOTALS:
Used this week:                        .5 yards     
Used year to date:                81.0 yards


Stashed this week:            21.125 yards
Stashed year to date:          80.75 yards 

Net year to date:              .25 yards used--still in the black!

Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.  


Julie in GA

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...