Monday, June 29, 2015

Design Wall Monday 6/29/15

My post today will be brief because I am having computer problems and have to borrow my husband's computer to post this, plus I am using photos from my phone.

I took a fantastic class on Saturday with Mickey Depre. The pattern was the Castle Wall block, and we hand pieced it. Mickey is a wonderful teacher, and it was so nice and relaxing to all be sitting around sewing by hand instead of trying to socialize over the noise of sewing machines. I finished my block yesterday.


Castle Wall
class with Mickey Depre

Alycia has been hosting a quilt-along that she is calling "Starry Night for Josh." She posted the final layout of the blocks today, and it looks fabulous! I haven't made the last set of blocks yet, but this is what I have so far. Her layout looks so much better than this!


Starry Night for Josh
alyciaquilts.blogspot.com
I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Timeswhere you can see all sorts of amazing quilting inspiration! I am also linking up to Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.

Julie in GA

7 comments:

  1. Your hand pieced block is beautiful. Great patriotic fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see someone out there is still hand piecing and/or hand quilting!!! Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely hand piecing on these..., so pretty hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done any hand-piecing in years. Maybe I should do a block or two for old times' sake? 8)
    Love your castle and your stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that castle wall block is really something. Looks terribly difficult but absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job HAND piecing Castle Wall. I'll stick to machine work for the time being!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Starry Night!!!! Thanks for following along ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...