It was totally unexpected, but somehow I managed to use 28 yards of fabric in the month of April. I'm sure some quilters go through that much on a regular basis, but it is an unusually high total for me. In the 3+ years that I have been tracking my stash additions and subtractions, the most I've used in any previous month was about 22 yards.
The reason I had such a good total was because I have been finishing quilt tops and making backs to go with them. I completed 4 tops and backs in April: 16-Patch Stars, Dutch Tiles, Bowtie Chevrons, and Easy Street. You can see a little bit of each quilt in the photo or click on any of the names to go to a post with photos and background info. 3 of those 4 projects were UFOs. It feels SO GOOD to have those tops done! The Bowtie Chevrons is completely quilted and bound, the 16-Patch Stars will go to Quilts of Valor to be quilted, and the other two are waiting to go in for longarm quilting.
|(L to R) Dutch Tiles, Easy Street, 16-Patch Stars|
The irony of the month was that my fabric additions were almost exactly the same amount as my usage. A large order from Hancock's of Paducah and some gifted fabric gave me a total of 27.75 yards added for the month (but none to report this week.) At least my usage this week puts me back in the black!
Used this week:
Easy Street--borders 2.5 yards
Easy Street--back 5.25 yards
Bowtie Chevrons--binding .375 yards
Used this week: 8.125 yards
Used year to date: 59.5 yards