Monday, May 18, 2015

Design Wall Monday 5/18/15

There wasn't a whole lot of time for quilting over the weekend. Most of the time was spent preparing for a party held here Sunday night--lots of cooking and cleaning got done. It was a great party though and worth all the effort, especially since we now have a clean house as a result.

I did manage to attach the borders to the Boston Fiesta quilt that I showed partially together last week. You can see the completed quilt top HERE. Now it's time to figure out what to use for the backing.

I have been fooling around with a collection of 9-patch blocks left over from a Blooming 9-Patch I made 10 years ago. I want to use up as many of the leftovers as possible, and I keep changing the parts around on my design wall. Here is where it all stands at the moment. Two different border fabrics are being auditioned. I'm not totally in love with it, but I think it might be time to say "good enough," stitch it all together, and move on.



I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, where you can see all sorts of amazing quilting inspiration! I am also linking up to Monday Making over at Love Laugh Quilt.

Julie in GA

1 comment:

  1. I like the yellow/pink blocks in the center. The color combos make me think of a rose bush, the yellow/pink the flowers and the green the leaves. It has a very nice color wash look. I would use the border fabric on the left. Though I might be tempted to do a very thin border of the yellow/pink fabric as a frame before the dark border. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...