Sunday, September 29, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday 9/29/13 & Design Wall Monday 9/30/13

Since August I have been working on scrappy English Paper Pieced hexagon stars and snowflakes for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I finished my second star a few days ago, which brings me up to two stars and three snowflakes. Now I am waiting to find out what color will be chosen for October.




After finishing the hexie star, I was trying to come up with another hand-stitching project to keep me going. I pulled out a hexie project that was started in April, 2012 for the Color Palette Challenge at Patchwork Times. Each month Judy posted a picture to be used as inspiration for a project, and this is the photo that was my starting point.

Yes, that is a photo of a moldy custard pie. Disgusting, sure, but a great grouping of colors! I drew out a design, pulled fabrics, and started stitching, but didn't get far before it was pushed aside for other projects. It has been sitting in a box, patiently waiting for me to pull it out again. I have the center portion together, and two of the six side sections nearly complete.




I am linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday over at Kathy's Quilts. Here's to taking it slow on Sunday! I am also linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. Such fun you are having with the hexies! Just love your projects! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job of pulling fabrics for the color challenge. Can't wait to see where you go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors from such a "yucky" picture. Looking forward to seeing this one come together. Since she picked black for this month's rainbow scrap challenge you could finish this UFO and count that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...