For awhile there it looked like the numbers for my Stash Report would be headed in the right direction this week. I had finished 19 Dancing Stars blocks for the month, using a total of 2.75 yards. The binding and hanging sleeve on my Turning Leaves quilt were done, using 3/4 yard, and I made a quick 9-patch baby quilt which used another 2 yards for the top. Altogether, 5.5 yards used. Not too bad.
Then I got a call on Thursday asking if I still wanted to take the class with Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts on Saturday. I had been on the waiting list before then. I jumped at the chance and spent a delightful day seeing some of Edyta's quilts, learning to make her Dresden Stars pattern, and hanging out with other quilters all day--what could be better! Here is my photo of the pattern we were making. You can see the full pattern here.
We all received a kit of fabrics and acrylic templates for cutting our pieces. This made it very easy to get started on the sewing of our blocks. I had never made any kind of Dresden Plate variation before and was pleasantly surprised at how well it went together. I think this says a lot about the quality of Edyta's products and her teaching. She roamed the room constantly, talking each of us through any questions or problems we might encounter. It was a wonderful day all around! I highly recommend taking her classes if you get the chance, and also that you check out her website and online store.
The only downside to taking the class is the additions to my stash, but I can't be too unhappy to have gotten these beautiful fabrics. The lower part of this photo shows the fabrics from the class kit that we received, which was enough to make all 8 blocks needed for this quilt. Across the top are the beautiful batik fat 8ths that I bought from Edyta. I couldn't resist such luscious colors--I know you all understand.
Used this week: 5.5 yards
Used year to date: 50 yards (I am so happy to have reached 50 yards used! I am right on track for reaching my goal of using 100 yards this year.)