Sunday, June 2, 2013

Stash Report Sunday 6/2/13

I am so excited by my one fabric purchase this week.  Just a few days ago, my husband and I had a conversation about state flags, which then led to national flags. That gave me the idea that flags of different nations would make a very interesting quilt. I'm sure someone has done it before, but I haven't seen one.  Then I was at Joann's on Saturday and found this great map panel.



I am imagining this as the center of the quilt with rows of flags above and below it. For a smaller quilt it could be the map on one side and the flags on the other. I think it would be a fabulous kid's quilt.

My fabric used this week was for the binding on the Zigzag quilt and the back and binding for the flag wallhanging.

Used this week:    2 yards
Used year to date:  39.25 yards    


Added this week:   1 yard 
Added year to date: 23 yards

Net year to date:   16.25 yards used 


Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.


Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. What a fun idea and what a great panel to implement it with. It would make a fun kid's quilt. Congrats on being in the black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I have this panel in my stash, so I'll have a note to it for adding flags to it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...