Sunday, June 30, 2013

Get It Done--June/July 2013

It's hard to believe that the year is half over! Where has the time gone? I have found that Judy's Getting It Done Challenge has helped keep me focused on sticking to my goals each month, which has led to more steady progress on my projects. Every once in a while I get caught up in trying something new, or I decide to switch over to something quick and easy that wasn't on my list. However, I am very happy to be keeping up on both of my BOM projects. One of my goals for the whole year was to finish more projects than I start. I'm not sure I will reach that goal, but I have definitely been finishing more of my old projects lately.

Here's how I did on my goals for June, followed by my list for July.

JUNE GOALS

1.  Dancing Stars--make 8-10 blocks in this month's color (yellow) for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.   6/24--17 blocks done

2.  Scrappy Sampler BOM--make this month's set of blocks.  Done 6/14

3.  Bind Woven Ribbons quilt. Binding is made but not attached to quilt


4.  Finish Storm at Sea hanging sleeve, prep for quilt show.  Done 6/3

5.  Quilt and bind one more top.  Not done

Other June projects:
1.  Yellow & blue 9-patch--made quilt top.
2.  Stack & Whack Aliens--finished quilt top.
3.  Turning Leaves quilt--make & attach binding, begin hand stitching.
4.  Dresden Stars--class with Edyta Sitar, 4 blocks constructed


JULY GOALS

1.  Dancing Stars--make 8-10 blocks in this month's color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.   

2.  Scrappy Sampler BOM--make this month's set of blocks.

3.  Turning Leaves quilt--finish binding.

4.  Quilt and bind one more top.

5.  Make pillowcases and placemats for guild charity drive.

See how well other quilters did at reaching their goals this month and what they hope to accomplish in the month ahead at Patchwork Times.

Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job for June, even getting extras done. July looks like a good chance for the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a pretty successful June. I hope July is equally as good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...