Sunday, December 30, 2012

Stash Report Sunday 12/30/12

It's time for the final stash report of 2012.  This was my first year of tracking the amount of fabric going in and out of my stash.  It really makes me stop and think when I am considering buying more fabric.  I know that I already have enough fabric for many, many quilts, but sometimes new fabric is irresistible, especially when it is on sale!

I can finally report the yardage used for the shirt I made my husband for Christmas.  It isn't a quilt, but it still came out of my stash.  That used 3 yards.  It turned out great, he loves it, and his family couldn't believe that I made it.


Used this week: 3  yards   
Used year to date: 69.75 yards    

Added this week:   0 yards
Added year to date:  126.5 yards

Final total for 2012: 56.75 yards added   


Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

  1. It does make you think about your purchases. If it comes from your stash, then in my book it is usage b/c I counted when it went in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a shirt?? That is harder for me than a quilt. Kudos to you. Definitely yes it counts as fabric out -- if you make anything from stash fabric (even a dust cloth), count it!!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the quilt in your header. I have one like that on my "maybe some day I will make it" list. I would love to see a picture of the shirt you made.

    You have the makings of many great quilts from your stash alone. SAles are so hard to resist.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. shucks--I wanted to see a picture of the shirt! Sewing something that isn't flat is much harder--sleeves and collars and all those curvey bits.

    I think a stash report is to remind us to use the stash--so we can buy new fabric to replace it! Every stash needs an infusion for inspiration once in a while!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...