Monday, December 31, 2012

Design Wall Monday 12/31/12 and 2013 Goals

This is the last Design Wall Monday post for 2012.  I started my blog at the beginning of this year, mostly because I wanted to join in the fun of Design Wall Monday.  I love seeing all the different projects people are working on.  There is so much talent out there--you all inspire me!

There's nothing up on my design wall at the moment, but I do have a box of finished units for Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street mystery.  There is another clue posting today, and I hope we will start joining all these units together.  Bonnie certainly has me stumped.  I haven't a clue what these will become, but I have enjoyed following along.  It is so much fun to see all the blog posts with everyone's progress.



This morning Bonnie posted the next clue which has us joining parts to make big triangles. Looks like we will have blocks set on the diagonal.  I don't have time to sew before work today, but I couldn't resist laying out my pieces to see how they look.




As the new year approaches, I have been trying to set some goals for my quilting in the coming year:

My quilting goals for 2013:
1. Make at least 4 charity/QOV quilts 
2. Finish at least 4 UFOs
3. Finish more projects than I begin
4. Stashbusting--use 100 yards, buy less than I use 

A few specific UFO possibilities:
1. Hidden 9-Patch--binding



2. Make 6 more paisley placemats to go with the ones made last May



3. Red/white/blue Scrap Club blocks--make more blocks, finish quilt top 




4. French Braid--make into Roman shade for door



5. Boston Fiesta--more blocks, get top together





I will be linking up to Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all and HAPPY QUILTING!

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Your Easy Street units are looking great. Isn't this fun? Goal #3 is one I need, also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Boston Fiesta blocks. The wackiness just really caught my eye. Loved seeing all your projects. A Happy-pre New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...