Monday, December 10, 2012

Design Wall Monday 12/10/12


It seemed like I would have tons of time to sew over the weekend, but things just didn't work out that way.  We had our scrap quilt group gathering on Saturday morning, the last meeting of the year.  I showed the red, white and blue scrappy blocks that I have been making throughout the year.  They are now hanging on the design wall while I try to decide how big to make this quilt.



My favorites  are the pineapple blocks.  I love the diagonal movement of them.  Here is a possible layout with more blocks.  The original plan was that this would be a Quilt of Valor, but I'm not sure I will be able to give it up.



My time to work on Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street mystery quilt has been limited, but I did manage to make 16 of the Shaded 4-patch units for Part 3.  Even though I haven't finished all the units from the previous steps, I am following Bonnie's advice to move on with each new clue so that I get some of each part made.  I am loving how my colors look together!




I will be linking up to Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday and also the Easy Street link-up to see other people's progress.  


Julie

12 comments:

  1. I really like your color choices for Easy Street. Your RWB blocks are fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your colors look together, too. In fact, I love everything on your design wall. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I love the darker background. I am also in the Atlanta area and would love more information about your scrap quilting group.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Easy Street blocks are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Love the black background on the Easy Street. I'm a little jealous I didn't think of that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabrics you have chosen for Easy Street are great! They have a busyness to them that they keep your eye moving.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like these! And I like the layout too - don't you wonder how all this is going together?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your darks ate looking great. This is going to be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Easy Street colors and your RWB scrappy blocks. Fun projects, both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shaded 4-patches look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love how your colors look. And, your "Quilt of Valor" is great. Lots to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fabrics in your Easy Street blocks. Your Pineapple blocks are awesome. Pineapple is a favorite of mine too. I agree- there is just something about pineapple blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...