I finally finished a project, used up a bunch of fabric, and didn't buy any more. This has been a good week!
I finished making the last 8 blocks for the Scrappy Trips Around the World quilt. My favorite thing about making scrap quilts is getting to see so many favorite fabrics, both old and new. This quilt used around 160 different fabrics--most of the whites are used in 2 blocks each, but the reds and blues appear in only one block, with just one or two exceptions. The photo below shows leftover strips from most of my red and blue fabrics.
I got all the blocks joined together, and also pieced together the backing and made a pillowcase for presentation. All that's left is to make the binding and a label. The quilt will go to Quilts of Valor after it gets quilted. Here is a picture of a portion of the top--more photos tomorrow.
Used this week: 7.25 yards
Used year to date: 64.5 yards