Sunday, March 18, 2012

Stash Report Sunday 3/18/2012

This week has been more productive for quilting than most weeks of late, although nowhere near what I would like to get done.  It is such a balancing act, isn't it?  Trying to squeeze in time for the things we love, like quilting, around the things we need to do like go to work, cooking, laundry, etc.  I am so fortunate to have a sweet husband who takes care of the main portion of the household chores like grocery shopping, he is better about keeping the house clean than I am, and most nights he has dinner going before I get home.  I am a very lucky woman! 

Anyway, back to this week's quilting.  I finished up another string block for the Scrap Club quilt.  This time it was a pinwheel block.


The majority of my quilting time this week was spent on the Storm at Sea quilt.  I am trying to get all the different units made so I can start putting the parts together.  There is still plenty to do, but I have been able to check a couple of items off the list.  For the first time in several years, I was able to spend most of Saturday, National Quilting Day, doing just that--quilting!  I must have been at the sewing machine or ironing board for about 7 hours, my idea of a perfect day!  I wish I could do that more often.

Here is a collection of most of the completed parts for the Storm at Sea quilt.  I will try to get a photo with these up on the design wall for Monday's post.  I still need to make more of the diamond units and the small square-in-a-squares.



Here are the numbers for this week:

Used this week:  1-1/2 yard
Used year to date:  6-1/8 yards
Added this week:   0 yards
Added year to date:  2-3/4 yards
Net year to date: 3-3/8 yards used

Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.
Julie

4 comments:

  1. Yes, indeedy. Life sometimes gets in the way of us doing what we like! The colors of your storm at sea are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a husband very similar to yours, and it is a great blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great stars--love how you've made them from strings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off. You are a VERY lucky woman to have such a husband. Second, I'm a scrapaholic, so I wondered if you had a pattern for your string pinwheels, or did you just figure it out. What other blocks are you making with the string piecing? I've made lots of string quilts and a couple selvage pieced quilts and tote, so this is right up my alley. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...